Through our Microsoft SQL Server database managed services, your database can be looked after by some of the UK's most experienced database administrators (DBAs). It's their job to make sure that your database stays available and running at high performance, as and when you need it - and they're very successful at it!
We don't offer packages
What level of service do you need? 24×7×365 database management, or perhaps just during working hours? Do you have one server or several? Do you want to keep some aspects of database management in-house? Do you want permanent monitoring, or just for us to be around when something breaks? Are you based in the UK?
Everyone's requirements vary. So we'll provide a quote for the outsourced services you need, instead of trying to fit your needs to a pre-existing package. Our clients value that we're an agile company, able to work their way.
Just great value managed SQL Server services
Outsourcing some or all of your database support services can save you money by reducing IT bills, increasing resilience and maximising availability. Our managed SQL Server services are largely delivered through a remote, secure, site-to-site VPN connection to dedicated Microsoft SQL monitoring servers. Delivering the work remotely means that you or your DBA team can continue working on other applications or services as normal without interference. Of course, Xynomix consultants can be arranged to attend site when necessary.
To get an idea of the range of our SQL Server database skills, please download our Microsoft SQL Server Skills Matrix (pdf).
Our Fully Managed Service Support tasks for SQL Server can typically include:
- 24×7×365 performance monitoring with monthly reports
- Installation of specialist SQL Server monitoring tools
- Backup administration and management
- Continual system settings optimisation, performance management and reports
- Monitoring and managing back-up retention, database size, transaction log size, disk space, replication, etc.
- Index defragmentation or rebuilding if required
- Monitoring SQL Server services (e.g. Agent, Mail, DTC, SSIS, SSAS) to ensure they are running correctly
- Monitoring any jobs that have been set-up and investigate / correct any that report failure
- Monitoring and managing SQL Server Security, including adding, deleting and updating logins
- Examining SQL Logs for errors and SQL Activity for deadlocks
- Apply relevant new OS and SQL Server service packs and hot-fixes when they arise
- Advise of any general SQL Server issues that may affect the system, such as new security threats and Windows service packs
Get in touch to get no-obligation advice on your database support needs
Too much to pick from? Not sure what you need, or what would be best value?
We'll give you honest, impartial advice. We talk to businesses large and small, IT Managers and DBAs every day, in the UK and worldwide, so however technical you are - or not - we can help. So call us on the number above, use live chat during office hours or contact us via email.