Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) are a prominent feature of recent versions of Oracle database, having been introduced with Oracle 9i in 2001. They deliver a high level of fault tolerance, database performance and scalability without the need for application changes.
Through Oracle Clusterware, Oracle RAC supports multiple computers accessing a single database across a cluster of servers, removing the threat of a single point of failure. If a node (server) in the cluster fails, the Oracle database will continue to run on the remaining nodes.
Why use Xynomix for your Oracle RAC consulting requirements..?
Xynomix recognise the high availability and cost-saving potential that Oracle RAC technology can offer. Our core RAC consulting team were involved with some of the UK’s first Oracle RAC implementations back on Oracle 9i and have deployed countless further implementations on all subsequent versions of Oracle, including 10g, 11g and 12c.
They know their stuff.
How do Xynomix Oracle RAC consulting services work..?
Our team of Oracle RAC consultants are skilled in assessing your RAC needs and are able to design, implement and support RAC environments based on these needs.
An Oracle RAC Consulting project will typically include:
- Oracle RAC Review: we'll assess your RAC needs and implications for your existing Oracle database system, including potential impact on applications.
- Oracle RAC Environment Design: your entire database infrastructure will be considered during the design and development of a RAC solution that encompasses hardware, operating system, storage and networking implications, and database size.
- Oracle Licence Advice: our licensing specialists will assist you with all of your licensing requirements.
- Installation of Oracle RAC: including the transfer of your Oracle database to its new RAC environment, testing its functionality and ensuring that load balancing and failover functionality are fully operational.
- Oracle RAC Support: once your consulting project is completed, you are able to benefit from this optional extra. The service includes Oracle DBA support up to 24×7×365 (as required) and the tuning of your RAC environment as the database grows.
Get help from the RAC experts, quickly
If you have an upcoming Oracle RAC Consulting project, or are just interested in discussing the pros and cons of a new Oracle RAC implementation, then our team of consultants give you the help you need. Just contact us via the phone, email, or live chat, and we'll give you a no-obligation competitive quote.